Allen High School
Saturday, April 29, 2017 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Online entries due April 19, 2017
$6.00 solo fee and/or $6.00 per ensemble member fees are paid in the Multi-Purpose Room the day of the contest.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THE CONTEST IS OVER CAPACITY! PLEASE HELP US BY HAVING EXACT CHANGE FOR PAYMENT. WE WILL RELEASE SCORES STARTING MONDAY AT YOUR CAMPUS – PLEASE DO NOT STAY TO RECEIVE RESULTS. YOU MAY BE ASKED TO MOVE ROOMS THE DAY OF THE CONTEST – WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO BE PROMPT AND STAY ON SCHEDULE!
Students who are currently taking private lessons should participate in the AISD Chamber Festival. ALL students are encouraged to participate. Judges for this contest will consist of Orchestra Directors from outside districts.
- All students are to enter Allen HS through the doors of the Multi-Purpose Room – SE Corner of School. $6.00 solo fee and/or $6.00 per ensemble member fees are paid in the Multi-Purpose Room – find the payment table by the doors to the hallway. CLICK HERE FOR MAP OF AHS – PARKING/ENTRANCE
- Students should check in with the monitor of their room. This will tell you if the room is on time or not. Students should arrive at least 15 minutes before their performance time. An information table will be set up at the entrance of the Multi-Purpose Room if you forget your room. You can also get info at this table as to where the individual rooms are.
- Uncase and warm up in the multi-purpose room. Please do not talk or play your instruments in the halls.
- Please arrive at your room assignment several minutes before your scheduled performance time.
- Make sure your name and school is written on the music you give to the judge. JUDGES NEED TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL MUSIC, WITH MEASURED NUMBERS, FOR ADJUDICATION!
- DRESS NICELY! Orchestra Uniforms are not required or recommended – Men: Nice dress shirt, slacks, dark socks, dress shoes. Women: dress or nice blouse, slacks, dress shoes.
***ALL SOLOS REQUIRE PIANO ACCOMPANIMENT***
ACCOMPANIST LIST If needed, please feel free to contact any of these pianists for accompaniment.
972-727-0685 or 214-538-1490 –