Allen High School
Saturday, April 27, 2019 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Online entries due April 12, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
$6.00 solo fee and/or $6.00 per ensemble member fees are paid in the New Orchestra Room the day of the contest.
Allen ISD Orchestra students who are currently taking private lessons should participate in the AISD Chamber Festival. ALL Allen ISD Orchestra students are encouraged to participate. Students must be currently enrolled in a Allen ISD Orchestra class to participate in the Chamber Festival. Judges for this contest will consist of Orchestra Directors from outside districts. Entries will be accepted starting February 12, 2019 and will end April 12, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All students are to enter Allen HS through the doors of the New Orchestra Room – DOOR 38 – SE Corner of School BLUE LOT. $6.00 solo fee and/or $6.00 per ensemble member fees are paid in the New Orchestra Room – find the payment table by the doors to the hallway. CLICK HERE FOR MAP OF AHS – PARKING/ENTRANCE
- Students should check in with the monitor of their room. This will tell you if the room is on time or not. Students should arrive at least 20 minutes before their performance time. An information table will be set up at the entrance of the New Orchestra Room if you forget your room. You can also get info at this table as to where the individual rooms are.
- Uncase and warm up in the New Orchestra Room. Please do not talk or play your instruments in the halls.
- Make sure your name and school is written on the music you give to the judge. JUDGES NEED TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL MUSIC, WITH MEASURED NUMBERS, FOR ADJUDICATION!
- DRESS NICELY! Orchestra Uniforms are not required or recommended – Men: Nice dress shirt, slacks, dark socks, dress shoes. Women: dress or nice blouse, slacks, dress shoes. Student dress must comply with Allen ISD Dress Code (page 53.)
- We will distribute medals and Judge’s Sheets to students AFTER the CONTEST during their Orchestra Class! You may leave after your performance.
***ALL SOLOS REQUIRE PIANO ACCOMPANIMENT***
ACCOMPANIST LIST If needed, please feel free to contact any of these pianists for accompaniment.
972-727-0685 or 214-538-1490 –