- http://www.amymburns.com – My website about everything music technology in the elementary music classroom including curriculum, projects, student examples, websites, apps, interactive whiteboards, and more.
- http://musicianswithapps.com/music-education-apps/– Rebecca Fuller’s website where she explores, tests (teachers and students test the apps), rates, and gives you the pros and cons of many apps.
- http://ipadmusiced.wordpress.com/category/elementary-music/ – Paul Shimmon’s blog about iPads in the music education. This specific link addresses elementary music apps.
- http://www.music4kidz.net/ipads.html– Lori Cleland’s classroom website where she addresses items she uses in her music room. Her app list is excellent.
- http://musicwithmrsdennis.blogspot.com/2013/01/110-free-music-education-apps.html – This link is one of Mrs. Dennis’s most popular posts. She gives you 110 free music education apps and categorizes them as well.
- http://www.cphmusic.net/ – Cherie Herring’s blog about everything iPad and SMART boards. She teaches in a 1:1 classroom and her blog is amazing. Nothing more to be said except to check it out because you will find ideas that you can immediately use in your classroom.
- http://issuu.com/wrightstuffmusic/docs/ipad_apps_to_support_the_kodaly_met – Samuel Wright’s, a music educator from Australia, created this document about apps that support the Kodály methodology.
- He also created this document about Junior Music Apps:http://issuu.com/wrightstuffmusic/docs/junior_music_apps_-_composition_les
- You can also check his amazing website athttp://wrightstuffmusic.com/
- http://mrmcdadesroom.wikispaces.com/Recommended+Apps – Here is a list of Mr. McDade’s recommended apps for elementary music class.
- http://kathleentheisen.com/Kathleen_Theisen/Recommended_APPs.html– Kathleen Theisen’s great list of apps. She includes many piano apps as well.
- http://blairfinchproject.wix.com/samr-Abigail Finch and Kathryn Finch’s site about interactive technology in the music classroom.
- http://www.lottsthoughts.com/creative/– Video reviews of creative apps. Currently, they are updating this weekly, so it is a great place to go to check out recent apps.
- http://www.midnightmusic.com.au/2013/12/28-free-music-toolkit-apps/– I adore Katie’s website. She is another great educator from Australia. This particular link addresses apps that could assist teachers. However, check out her website, http://www.midnightmusic.com.au/, for more wonderful resources, especially her online courses.
- http://techinmusiced.wordpress.com/ -Dr. Christopher J. Russell, literally wrote the books on iPads in music education (and on one about how not to use the iPad):
▪iPads in Music Education (2013) $8.99
▪Practical Technology for Music Education (2011, updated 2012 and 2013) $9.99
▪How Not to Use an iPad (2012) $0.99
- http://music-mish-mash.blogspot.com.au/ -Mrs. Jahn’s list of iPad apps. She is another music educator from Australia.
- http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2014/02/30-ipad-apps-for-music-teachers.html-Med Kharbach’s website where he has information on numerous apps in music education.
- http://ges.grafton.k12.wi.us/teacher_pages/music/i_pads_in_music_class– Another list from elementary music educator, Ms. Andrews.