Saturday, April 24, 2021 – AHS Chamber Festival – ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM
$6.00 solo fee will be paid ONLINE – Due April 9, 2021 – SCHOOLPAY LINK HERE
Zoom links will be emailed to students by Friday April 23, 5:00p.m.
Allen ISD Orchestra students who are currently taking private lessons and currently enrolled in a Allen ISD Orchestra class should participate in the AISD Chamber Festival. ALL Allen ISD students currently enrolled in a Allen ISD Orchestra class are encouraged to participate. Students must be currently enrolled in a Allen ISD Orchestra class to participate in the Chamber Festival. Judges for this contest will consist of Orchestra Directors from outside districts. Entries will be accepted starting March 15, 2021 and will end April 9, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Ensembles will not be accepted this year
- All students will perform virtually through Zoom. You will meet your campus teacher in Zoom and perform your solo to the judge in a breakout room. Zoom links will be emailed to students.
- Judges will need a copy of your music – you will upload a PDF of your music when you complete your entry online. You can upload only your part (A full score with the piano accompaniment is not needed)
- Students must perform an entire work or movement, but may omit any cadenzas.
- DRESS NICELY! Orchestra Uniforms are not required or recommended – Men: Nice dress shirt, slacks, dark socks, dress shoes. Women: dress or nice blouse, slacks, dress shoes. Student dress must comply with Allen ISD Dress Code (page 57.)
- We will distribute medals and Judge’s Sheets to students AFTER the CONTEST during their Orchestra Class! You may leave after your performance.
***ALL SOLOS REQUIRE ACCOMPANIMENT (Smartmusic, Recorded backing track, live pianist, etc…)***
ACCOMPANIST LIST If needed, please feel free to contact any of these pianists for accompaniment.
972-727-0685 or 214-538-1490